Doc. MUDr. Petr Vondráček Ph.D.
profesní životopis - CZ verze
Petr Vondracek, M.D., Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Neurology
- June 2008 - present: Associate Professor of Neurology.
Medical Faculty, Masaryk University, Brno, CZ.
Inaugural dissertation: „New Perspectives in the Treatment of Inherited Neuromuscular Disorders“.
- March 2005: Ph.D., Medical Faculty, Masaryk University, Brno, 1998 - 2005. supervisor: Prof. J. Bednarik. Thesis: „Critical Illness Polyneuromyopathy“.
- March 1995: M.D., Medical Faculty, Masaryk University, Brno, 1989 – 1995.
Certification and Licenses:
- January 2010: Neurology License, Czech Medical Chamber.
- January 2010: Child Neurology License, Czech Medical Chamber.
- April 2003: Electromyography license, Czech Society of Clinical Neurophysiology.
- May 2001: Board certification (Neurology, 2nd. degree), Institute for Postgraduate Medical Education, Prague, CZ.
- April 1998: Board certification (Neurology, 1st. degree), Institute for Postgraduate Medical Education, Prague, CZ.
Professional affiliations and employment history:
2001 – present: Consultant in Pediatric Neurology, Department of Pediatric Neurology, Masaryk University Children´s Hospital, Brno, CZ.
2012 - present: Owner, Nerologic Company NEUROVON s.r.o., Brno
1995 – 2001: Resident in Neurology, Department of Neurology, Masaryk University Hospital, Brno, CZ.
- International Center for Cell Therapy and Cancer Immunotherapy (CTCI), The Weizmann Medical Center, TelAviv, Izrael (Prof. Shimon Slavin), 2009, 2012.
- Molecular Myology Laboratory, Friedrich-Baur-Institute, Department of Neurology, Ludwig Maximilians University of Munich, Munich, Germany (Prof. Hanns Lochmüller), 2007.
- Institute of Human Genetics, University of Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom (Prof. Kate Bushby, Prof. Volker Straub), 2007.
- Neurology and pediatric neurology.
- Electromyography and clinical neurophysiology.
- Muscular dystrophies and other neuromuscular disorders in children and adults.
- Rare neuromuscular disorders.
- Experimental therapies of neuromuscular and neurodegenerative disorders.
Current professional activities and research:
A: International research projects:
- CARE-NMD: Dissemination and Implementation of the Standards of Care for Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy in Europe including Eastern countries. Grant EU. Co-investigator. Principle investigator: Dr. Janbernd Kirschner. University Medical Centre Freiburg, Germany. 2009-2013.
- TREAT-NMD: Translational Research in Europe – Assessment and Treatment of Neuromuscular Diseases. Network of Excellence. Grant EU. Co-investigator. Principle investigator: Prof. Kate Bushby. University of Newcastle upon Tyne, Institute of Human Genetics, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK. 2007-2011.
B: The Internal Grant Agency of the Ministry of Health of the Czech Republic (IGA), and the Grant Agency of the Czech Republic (GAČR):
- grant GAČR 13-199105: Modeling DMD-related dilated cardiomyopathy using induced pluripotent stem cells-derived cardiomyocytes (acronym: DUCHENSTEM). 2013-2015.
- grant IGA MZČR NR/9517-3: Effect of ascorbic acid in Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease type 1A. Co-investigator. 2007-2010.
- grant IGA MZČR 1A/8608-4: Molecular genetic diagnostics of spinal muscular atrophy (SMA) using Real-time PCR. 2005-2008.
- grant IGA MZČR NR-8087-3: Diagnostics of neurodegenerative muscular disorders using mRNA/DNA analysis of selected genes and chromosomal loci. 2004-2006.
- grant IGA MZČR NF-5980-3: Critical illness polyneuromyopathy. 2000-2003.
C: Clinical trials:
- A Phase III efficacy and safety study of Ataluren (PTC124) in patients with nonsense mutation dystrofinopathy. (PTC124-GD-020-DMD). PTC Therapeutics, Inc. 2013-2015. Principal Investigator.
- An open-label extension study of the long-term safety, tolerability and efficacy of Drisapersen (GSK2402968) in subjects with Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy (DMD114 349). GlaxoSmithKline, 2013-2015. Principal Investigator.
- Efficacy and Safety of GSK2402968 in DMD (DMD114 044): a Phase III, randomised, double - blind, placebo - controlled, clinical trial. GlaxoSmithKline, 2011-2013. Principal Investigator.
- A Phase IIIb, multicenter, randomised, double - blind, cross – over efficacy and safety study of Pregabalin in the treatment of pain on walking in patients with painful diabetic peripheral neuropathy. (A0081269). Pfizer, 2012-2013. Principal Investigator.
- Effect of ascorbic acid in CMT1A disease: a Czech multicentre, randomised, double - blind, placebo - controlled clinical trial. 2007-2010.
D: Other research projects:
- Experimental therapy of multiple sclerosis and other neurodegenerative diseases using stem cells (in cooperation with the International Center for Cell Therapy and Cancer Immunotherapy CTCI, Prof. Shimon Slavin, TelAviv, Izrael).
- On-line DMD/BMD national registry. The central database of Czech and Slovak patients with Duchenne/Becker muscular dystrophies. The national curator of the registry.
- January 2004- present: Medical Faculty, Masaryk University, Brno, CZ. Lessons in Neurology and Pediatric neurology for Czech and international pre-gradual and post-gradual (Ph.D.) students.
Prinses Beatrix Fonds, Den Haag, the Netherlands:
- Assessor of the grant application (grant No. WAR09-21), 2009.
- 34 original articles in peer review journals, 25 in journals with impact factor; 10 out of them as 1st author.
- The cummulative IF = 62,25.
- 2 chapters in monographies published in the USA.
- 5 pedagogic publications.
- 72 conference abstracts.
- Over 200 SCI (Web of Science) citations.
Professional Society Memberships:
- World Muscle Society, London, UK.
- TREAT-NMD global database oversight committee (GDOC), Newcastle upon Tyne, UK.
- Czech Neurological Society, Prague, CZ – neuromuscular section.
- Czech Society of Clinical Neurophysiology, Prague, CZ.
- Czech Society of Pediatric Neurology, Prague, CZ.
Language skills: fluent English, basic command of Spanish and Russian
Department of Pediatric Neurology
University Hospital Brno,
Cernopolni 9, 625 00, Brno, CZ.
Tel: +420 723 216 022
Updated: July 6, 2013